Thursday, April 5, 2012

The Lodge At Suttle Lake Adventure Round 2

We just got back from The Lodge at Suttle Lake again! Let me tell you... I expected something a little different as far as the weather goes. It is after Spring Break! The wind was chilly and blew snow right at us from across the lake. You could see the 'white outs' from miles away. I didn't plan for a winter wonderland for the first week of April. We were trapped inside for the majority of our 2 night stay. It made for good conversation though! It also made time for bad 80's sci fi movies, and the first episode of Twin Peaks. We did check out some really beautiful neighborhoods in Sisters, Oregon, and grabbed coffee at Sisters Coffee Company! It is a must see in Sisters that I have never experienced before. We then went on a nature drive up to Three Creeks Sno-Park. It is an 11 mile drive up a rural road with only a few houses. At the top- It is at 5,200 feet in elevation- so we went in and out of snow and sunshine all the way up there. There were deer in the woods that we spotted on the way up there too! Inside the sweet town of Sisters there are neighborhood deer! Just like Cannon Beach, Oregon has wild rabbits all over town(youtube it). I love it! As for our cabin we were staying in- We were in "Cabin Fever". They also have the movie "Cabin Fever" as a free rental at the front desk. I am glad nobody decided on that one(haha). Cabin Fever was extremely similar to our last cabin except the giant 200 pound teddy bear we were very entertained by, and the cabin is probably 60 feet from the lake!
Check out our adventure!
I hope I have inspired you to get you and yours off your booties, and have some adventures! I also want to thank my mom for including us on the adventure, and doing most of the driving! <3














Here are some Instagram's captured by my brother: : )


No comments :

Post a Comment